Welcome to Dark eFfectX !

Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming. The curating & exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga Art, Music and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Dark eFfectX !

Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming. The curating & exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga Art, Music and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megas XLR

2 posters

Go down

Megas XLR Empty Megas XLR

Post by Bad Wolf Wed 27 Dec 2006 - 11:10

Megas XLR Megas10

Megas XLR is a series that has a very unique anime/western look that's very easy to plug into. It's an action/comedy about a lazy couch potato named COOP who discovers a giant robot in a junkyard. He attaches his car to the top of the robot. But...then evil aliens called Glorft land on Earth. Now 3 total opposites named Coop, Jamie, and the robot's creator Kiva must team up to stop the Glorft(and many other evil forces) from obtaining "Megas XLR". (Megas XLR is the first ever Toonami original series)

Megas's History
Megas started off as a Glorft robot but eventually was captured by the Mecha Earth Guard Attack System. Later he was ordered by the humans to be sent back in time to the beginning of the future war. Something went wrong with the machine and he ended up in a 1936 junkyard where he eventually rotted. Later Coop found him and souped him up into the World's best fighting metal machine known as Megas.

Characters
Megas: Start with alien technology, mix in the best of humans robotics, then finish off with a smokin' flame job-and BAM! You've got Megas, the most awesome, most powerful, most-anything robot in the universe.

Coop: (my Fave Mr Green)To most people, Coop has totally wasted his life on cars, wrestling, punk rock and video games. But it turns out all those years in front of the tube have made Coop the best pilot of his (or any) time.

Kiva: Kiva is amazing. She's unbelievably smart, strong and focused on her mission: a total pro. When you think about it, she's the one who should be running Megas, especially since she's his chief designer. Unfortunately, due to Coop's tinkering, she can't. And he wouldn't let her, anyway.

Jamie: Jamie and Coop might as well be joined at the hip. They're best friends who go way back, and whether they're playing video games or fighting giant robots, Jamie is always at Coop's side (usually telling him what he's doing wrong).

Goat: Goat is an old motorhead who runs the local junkyard, where Coop originally found Megas. He's pretty wise in the ways of the World, and he's a total expert about anything mechanical. Coop looks up to Goat as a mentor, but like everything in Coop's life, Goat's advice is always a little off.

The Glorft: The Glorft are an evil race of aliens. They followed Kiva to 2004. Now they are bent on capturing Megas. They were seemingly destroyed, but have now returned.

Living here in Jersey,
fighting villains from afar!
You gotta find first gear,
In your giant robot car!
You dig giant robots,
I dig giant robots,
We dig giant robots,
Chicks dig giant robots...
Nice!

Now Playing:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bad Wolf on Sun 20 Nov 2022 - 14:15; edited 1 time in total
Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf
Designer GFX
Designer GFX

Female Starseeker

Level : 46
Number of posts : 3104

Experience : 2669
Registration Date : 2006-12-24

Cprofile
Title: The Digital Alchemist
Luck:
Megas XLR Llc10588/588Megas XLR Empty  (588/588)
Megas XLR Klc10530/777Megas XLR Empty  (530/777)

https://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Megas XLR Empty Re: Megas XLR

Post by The Master Sat 3 Feb 2007 - 0:26

I miss this show!!

It used to be so much fun, it was one of those shows that like, you left things early to be home for! Was great, could find someone I knew in everyone on that show, I was Coop, Mia was Kiva and the rest kinda changed from week to week to keep it interesting and allowing us to insult more of our friends with less effort.

I loved how you had to actually WATCH the show, not just watch it, if that makes sence, like how everything was from something else, and how you found yourself writing down everything to compair notes with people after it was over... was a great show and I miss it alot.
The Master
The Master
C.E.O.
C.E.O.

Male Predacon

Level : 47
Number of posts : 817

Experience : 278
Registration Date : 2007-01-07

Cprofile
Title: The Full Mental Alchemist
Luck:
Megas XLR Llc10261/261Megas XLR Empty  (261/261)
Megas XLR Klc10333/333Megas XLR Empty  (333/333)

http://kittysclubpurgatory.b1.jcink.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Wolf Sat 7 Jul 2007 - 12:55

you kno ... my chica and i were actually talking about this today ^^
she was like .. "didn't Megas have flames ?" - in reference to our son telling us how he wanted an Optimus prime bday cake (for his bday in Oct) and it was going to have flames .. teehee

now .. if they were to do a Megas XLR movie as they had done with Transformers .. i'd be exXxtatic rave *and yes .. you may actually see me do this rave *

meatwad

Designer GFX
Designer GFX

Female Starseeker

Cprofile
Luck:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Master Sat 7 Jul 2007 - 13:01

Oh you would totally have to video tape that....

And yeah Megas has flames on the arms.
The Master
The Master
C.E.O.
C.E.O.

Male Predacon

Level : 47
Number of posts : 817

Experience : 278
Registration Date : 2007-01-07

Cprofile
Title: The Full Mental Alchemist
Luck:
Megas XLR Llc10261/261Megas XLR Empty  (261/261)
Megas XLR Klc10333/333Megas XLR Empty  (333/333)

http://kittysclubpurgatory.b1.jcink.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Wolf Sun 20 Nov 2022 - 14:19

Bad Wolf wrote: .. if they were to do a Megas XLR movie as they had done with Transformers .. i'd be exXxtatic  rave *and yes .. you may actually see me do this  rave *

meatwad

thought i'd update this while i was updating the episode play list (1st post). The fanmade teaser for a live action MegasXLR movie:

Spoiler:

Designer GFX
Designer GFX

Female Starseeker

Cprofile
Luck:

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum