Welcome to Dark eFfectX !

Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming. The curating & exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga Art, Music and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Dark eFfectX !

Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming. The curating & exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga Art, Music and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Lantern

2 posters

Go down

Green Lantern Empty Green Lantern

Post by Bad Wolf Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:21

In the past two years DC has produced 3 GL movies..two animated and one live action..

The first one was the animated film: First Flight
When pilot Hal Jordan accepts a mysterious, powerful ring from a dying alien creature, it transforms him into a Green Lantern, one of an elite force of heroes who patrol the universe to ensure the [peace and just under the leadership of the Guardians of the Universe. Unsure of their newest recruit, the Guardians assign Hal to their most-honored Green Lantern Sinestro for training, unaware that Sinestro wants to overthrow the Guardians and create a new order he'll control. It's a battle of might and willpower as Hal must prove his worth by defeating Sinestro to save the Green Lantern Corps
this one i absolutely loved..the retelling of Hal Jordan's claim to fame as GL.. and Sinestro's fall from the corps..loved it loved it loved it..the characters were right on que.. Hal's an ass..Sinestro is just as arrogant .. Kilowag..just as grumpy as he should be... i can't say enough good things about it..

The second was also another animated film: Emerald Knights
While awaiting a battle with Krona, an ancient enemy of the Guardians of the Univers, Earth's Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Kilowog, Sinestro and other members of the Green Lantern Corps recount their greatest adventures to the new recruit Arisia - everything from tales of the first lantern to the ominous events that led to the Corps' Blackest Night!

this one loosely follows First Flight..what i mean by that is Sinestro is still a GL and hasn't gained his yellow power ring..i liked this one as it mostly tells flash backs of other GL's like Mogo.. M O G O.. just awesomeness...even give glimpse at the creation of the Sinestro Corps, plus Henry Rollins is Kilowag  

The third is of course this years live action: Green Lantern
In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan

just sucked.. as i was afraid..where to begin..from the plot to the origins of Sinestro's yellow ring (i cannot even accept that the guardians would build it for him..)
i know as with all live action movies based on comics there is going to be a lot of creative liberties ..but this was just way too much.

bottom line, if your a GL fan, don't waste your time or money, unless you've got nothing better to do or i dunno..watch it drunk..might be fun.. or if you know nothing of the mythology of GL, still i advise against it..wait for broadcast syndication.

Last edited by Bad Wolf on Fri 22 Sep 2023, 22:20; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar edits)

Designer GFX
Designer GFX

Female Starseeker

Level : 46
Number of posts : 3093

Experience : 2650
Registration Date : 2006-12-24

Cprofile
Title: The Digital Alchemist
Luck:
Green Lantern Llc10588/588Green Lantern Empty  (588/588)
Green Lantern Klc10530/777Green Lantern Empty  (530/777)

https://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Green Lantern Empty Re: Green Lantern

Post by The Master Sun 21 Aug 2011, 22:59

I hated the last one so much, it was just so horrible, and badly written it might actually beat Wolverine as the worst comic book movie ever..
The Master
The Master
C.E.O.
C.E.O.

Male Predacon

Level : 47
Number of posts : 817

Experience : 278
Registration Date : 2007-01-07

Cprofile
Title: The Full Mental Alchemist
Luck:
Green Lantern Llc10261/261Green Lantern Empty  (261/261)
Green Lantern Klc10333/333Green Lantern Empty  (333/333)

http://kittysclubpurgatory.b1.jcink.com/

Back to top Go down