Welcome to Dark eFfectX !

Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming. The curating & exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga Art, Music and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Dark eFfectX !

Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming. The curating & exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga Art, Music and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDW Spotlight: Hotrod

2 posters

Go down

IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Empty IDW Spotlight: Hotrod

Post by Bad Wolf Tue 26 Dec 2006, 12:08

IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Th_SptHRCoverA IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Th_SptHRCoverB
Written By: Simon Furman.
Art By: Nick Roche.
Colours By: Liam Shalloo.
Cover Art By: Nick Roche and James Raiz.
Letters By: Robbie Robbins.
Edits By: Dan Taylor.
Synopsis:
On the planet Ki-Aleta Hot Rod takes his first command of a unit on a mission to steal/save the Magnificence — an Oracle that could give the Decepticons the ability to find all exploitable resources in the Universe. The mission starts well, but soon the team comes under attack from Omega Guardians, and as per his secret orders Hot Rod leaves them to die as he escapes with the Magnificence, which he hides. Though the mission's failure is blamed on a unsecured communication channel and faulty equipment, Hot Rod blames himself and subsequently becomes a reclusive lone operator.
Some time later, Hot Rod seeks redemption by infiltrating the brutal Decepticon penal colony 'Styx' and rescues Dealer, the last surviving member of the unit. Once restored to health at an Autobot base, Dealer forgives Hot Rod despite the brutal torture he suffered and offers the young cavalier a hand of friendship.
But Dealer was a double agent who was responsible for the mission's failure. Using Hot Rod's guilt he plans to find where the Magnificence is hidden...
Characters Featured:
Hot Rod, Dealer, Gizmo [Killed], Backbeat [Killed], Download [Killed], Gutcruncher, Banzaitron.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not bad. Some of the art work made me take a step back. Kinda reminds me of the old UK marvel TF sotries or the later Us versions, where the 'bots had over exaggerated faces and expressions.
as with all things TF - im sure the surprise ending will tie into future story arcs
if nothing else - it was a nice read
IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Mini_auto IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Mini_auto \ IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Mini_auto IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Mini_auto IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Mini_auto IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Mini_auto
Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf
Designer GFX
Designer GFX

Female Starseeker

Level : 46
Number of posts : 3059

Experience : 2612
Registration Date : 2006-12-24

Cprofile
Title: The Digital Alchemist
Luck:
IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Llc10588/588IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Empty  (588/588)
IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Klc10530/777IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Empty  (530/777)

https://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Empty Re: IDW Spotlight: Hotrod

Post by Nightfire Mon 23 Jul 2007, 20:56

I think the Spotlight series as one of the best ideas since The War Within series.What a Face You get several goodies in each issue, such as the solo adventure; a interesting story; and what I think is the most important, a psychological character perspective that helps you understand the character better.red grin I'm looking to when they do Galvatron!Twisted Evil I personally think they should do a Spotlight issue on Dirge for Holloween!cyclops But that's just me.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Spirit Evolution
Spirit Evolution

Female N.A.I.L. (Non-Aligned Indigenous Life-forms)

Level : 50
Number of posts : 17

Experience : 0
Registration Date : 2007-07-23

Cprofile
Title: Angel of Death
Luck:
IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Llc10282/282IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Empty  (282/282)
IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Klc10212/333IDW Spotlight: Hotrod Empty  (212/333)

http://www.myspace.com/OrigonalCin

Back to top Go down