Welcome to forums of Dark eFfectX !
Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming.

The exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.

Gender Matters ?

Go down

Gender Matters ?

Post  Bad Wolf on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 am

Does gender matter ?

I am a Trans|Gendered female.
(or Transexual .. | TG, TS whatever you feel like labeling me)

- no i do not go shouting it from the roof tops and yes when ask, am i male or female, i answer female * so yeah, when A LOT of you have met me online yes i answer * Female (FemCon-for all my TF buds out there) *
and for all of you out there that have known me through out my childhood or during High School < think back... lots of signs Wink >

My pictures - they have not been altered in any way *
and from the moment any of you have met me and to this day * physically and personality. I have not been on any hormones and yet my body keeps becoming more femmine as i grow older.

+ I am who I am (and always have been)

/

* for the 1st 6 years of my life, i grew up in a very very Southern Baptist household.
after my Dad dis-owned me and my brother, we were left being raised by my mom who's tasted in men well, lets just say "Texas Redneck" is about the nicest thing i can say - she was married 7 times (5 different guys - one of them was my dad).

So from the age of 7 till i left home at 18 * i grew up in this type of environment, struggling with my own "gender" issues. Never once in my life have i questioned my attraction to Women (and my dis attraction to men) *

I'm sure many of G/F from High School could tell many of many of tragic schitzo mental issues i had and we delt with *** mmmmm ** go figured.

some time around 16, my Mom and Grandpa "found out" - as I had been hiding my "female side" as much as possible (as you can image growing up in the home/environment as i did) . i cam up with some kind of shitty cover story, but i had been "slowly coming out - since 7th grade" just behind closed doors.

It wasn't until the end 1999 that things went ugly for me
i had a break down, i was on the verge of looking into getting chemically castrated, i was loosing it
**** then i met Tina (May~2000), she was the 1st person who was understanding of what was going on inside me -

It's been almost eight ( 9 ) years since I 'came out' to the public world / both on line and off line -

+ think about this:
our children call my their mom - Gwendolyn. well - mom, because she's the one who biologicly gave birth to them and as for me,
i'm called *Dad* (go figure-irony - DarkAngelDru) * and i am their biological father.

-> fast forward // our 1st son is born (many more detail there), 6-9months later after that he's about 1/ish or so, get the picture * runs into the living room with our Daughters "Ariel, the little mermaid doll, and said "This is my Daddy"

another year or so later (he was about 2 1/2) we were sitting at the mall
he was seeing all the other kids walking around with their parents / Dads - my son looks at me - "That's their (the other kids) Dads?" - i said yes - he moved closer hugged me and said "Your my Dad"

Fast forward today - for education purposes we send our kids to a top notch private catholic school |||
so you can image the looks, teasing or what not my kids get - .. but they don't

my daughter is now in 6th grade * her friends teaser her about * hey is that your mom or your dad ... her Biological dad is very much active in her life and the Godfather of my boys so .. *heh* she's a tuff kid

my boys are so loved by their teachers and friends (not to mention all of them do very well academically in school)
i take my boys to their friends bday functions, participate in class functions
the parents on a whole don't say a whole lot - i get the odd look every now again as my son yells out "Daddy" real lout and gives me a big hug

Daughter (Tahlia - 12) is a 5th queue Brown belt in Universal Karate , now on her schools pep squad .

Son (Morgan - 7) is the most eclectic child with the passion for the piano, numbers .. *hehehe* and Transformers ** who has been diagnosed with bi polar/ ADHD

Son (Max - 5) the most boy you will meet. tough, aggressive * doesn't cry unless you hurt his pride - loves to cook, paint his toe nails, Tap dance and Metal !!
/

i have lived this way for 9 years (in June) and i do not need therapy to show the world i am serious, that i am me. I go out, work, to my kids activities and birthday parties, people can be dam as what they think.

- i am a Woman - i am Me - and i will be Free

~ Jacquelynn DM

Last edited by Bad Wolf on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 4 times in total

Developer

Female
Number of posts : 1644

Usage Points : 652
Registration date : 2006-12-24

Cprofile
Title: The Digital Alchemist
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

View user profile http://www.darkfx.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gender Matters ?

Post  KittySK on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:47 am

There's nothing to discuss in my humble opinion I mean you have made something work.

You all love each other and are apprently strong enough to stand against the bigotry that is american society.

I comend that most people would hide away or be ashamed but you go out with your kids everyday and just do what needs to be done.

That teaches a valueble lesson about love and courage to be yourself.

Hell I myself am Bi and living in bible belt hell and as a wiccan to boot I often get told I'm satan's whore..........but I don't stop being who I am. Yes I'm trying to move but that is simply so I don't go nucking futs on a bad day and shoot everyone....... Twisted Evil .

But since I didn't know you are transgendered when we met I also don't see it changing anything to know now. I mean your bright talented happy and smart................who cares for you got a wang or not.

My question is Why is gender considered so important in today's society and is it really helpful or harmful?
KittySK
Spirit Evolution
Spirit Evolution

Female
Number of posts : 63

Usage Points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Cprofile
Title: Not Assigned
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

View user profile http://kcp.1.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post  The Master on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:43 pm

wow, I didn't know this.. not that it makes any difference in my opinion of you, you're you, you're awesome and rock and such and thats to me what matters, as it should to everyone else.

I find it it strange the people make such a big deal of things like this, its almost like they get all upset because they don't understand or fear it. After all, it is human nature to attack or shun what we don't understand. Not that its an excuse mind you, but its just how our instincts work. Well on the lesser evolved anyway. We delt with alot of this shit when we explained to my family that mia was bisexual, its no fun, and it had to be worse for you, which sucks because well you're awesome people.

I've been around the world afew times as you all know, and I have to tell you in all honesty, most of the world doesn't give a shit about gender, the rate of bisexual people both men and women in europe and asia and australia are all rising, and not cuz its "in" like it is here in the states... fucking teenagers, they're gonna be so sexually confused when they get older... poor poor kids. Anyway, the rest of the world except for the extremist groups, which you find everywhere, don't really care, tehy have kind of what I personally have in the matter, a "Its your life, if its not involving me, I don't give a shit what you do in your bedroom" look.

I think thats the best way to be, look at the person for who they are, and not give a god damn about what they do in private or if they're a man or a woman really, the person is what matters not the package they come in.

The Transformer's Realm | Laz's Movie Blog | Kitty's Club Purgatory
The Master
C.E.O
C.E.O

Male
Number of posts : 821

Usage Points : 286
Registration date : 2007-01-07

Cprofile
Title: The Full Mental Alchemist
Luck:
261/261  (261/261)

View user profile http://kittysclubpurgatory.b1.jcink.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Wolf on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:19 am

The Master wrote:wow, I didn't know this...
no .. you wouldn't unless i said so Razz * (Like with Kitty) i am a women and answer as such
and i've know u for what (almost 6+ years now) give or take.

Now on the subject of 'Gender' i do see why people have issues. well its an American thing mostly
when i 1st went out into corporate america, o sure .. i could wear make up, paint my nails but i was told i couldnt "dress up" (meaning i had to go Bra - less ) oO - said it was a "bathroom" issue.

well i dont know about u, but im in the restroom for 1thing - and its not to harrass people.

*heh* even the Greeks and Romans had unisex baths.

Now i do understand how Gender/Roles where almost needed back in ancient times to help protect the tribe/clan etc .. from extention and disease. but we're a loooooooong time removed from that. *heh*
whether if its with Words or Weapons there is a civil war goin on somewhere right now debating these things (gender/roles/rights)

Developer

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rani on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:53 pm

I harass people in the loo all the time! ... but I'm odd...

I just wanted to say, a person is a person, it doesn't matter if they're male or female, or both or neither, a person should be seen as who they are, not what they are. And its stupid that people seem to put an issue out of something that isn't their actual concern.
Rani
Princess of the Dark
Princess of the Dark

Female
Number of posts : 101
Location : Under The Magical Rowan Tree with my Lazarus, Blessid Be

Usage Points : 25
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Cprofile
Title: The Hot Ozzie SexBomb
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

View user profile http://www.thetfrealm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Wolf on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:18 pm

The Master wrote:I find it it strange the people make such a big deal of things like this, its almost like they get all upset because they don't understand or fear it. After all, it is human nature to attack or shun what we don't understand. Not that its an excuse mind you, but its just how our instincts work. Well on the lesser evolved anyway. We delt with alot of this shit when we explained to my family that mia was bisexual, its no fun, and it had to be worse for you, which sucks because well you're awesome people.

man that must of really sucked for u guys ... Sad
on my end, my mum and i never actually spoke of it. one time on the phone about a year or so b4 she passed she called me "Jacquelynn" oO i was stunned, 'cuz i never told her or any one in my family with exception of my brother and i was just .....
she backed herself up and excused herself .. saying she didnt know why she said that and went on. i askedmy little bro about it nd he was like no dude - i havent told her any thing.

another instance, i went to my Grandparents house after i got the job at amex (this is in 06)..rang the bell .. he (my Grandpa) opened the door, and just stood there * or like 5 mins * staring at me i was like "hello" * he shook his head, and said sorry i didnt reconize u (being as i never discused this with them either).

back when i basicly "came out" in 2000 - i was like f*it this is who i am ... my family never spoke of it, even when we got together, they just teased me about being all girly .. * yeah ! **hello** Rolling Eyes - the rest of my fam on my mom's side doesnt speak to me

like u said laz, ppl dont like what they dont understand and do their damest to make sense of things...

my spoues family *heh* and even my daughter's father has been really cool with it all.
love those family moments, when a 3yr old (mind you she's still learning about this whole transgender thing too - she's now 11 and understands )
+ stands up at a (all very "Hispanic") dinner and says, my mommy's "boyfriend" wears her close. LMAO * i was like no.. i have my own thank you very much. frylock

Developer

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Master on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:45 am

Yeah I can see how that would be frustrating if nothing else. We got the "you're both going to hell" and "she's a pervert we don't want her around our kids" speaches when we told my family Mia was bisexual. It kind of backfired, see, she wanted to come out to my family that way because her own family wouldn't be so understanding (and they weren't), and though it wasn't really for their sake, it was for her own, and well though my family and theri closed mindedness ruined an important self admittence for her, it also helped my cousin Corey, who's married now to his husband, come out the same day. What a fun holiday that was...lol

See for Mia, it was more about her finally admitting to herself, then so much having the courage to hope my family accepted her as a bisexual woman who was living with one of them and would be part of the family. See, given both her rapes and the savageness of the second one (the gang one that left her unable to have children, which led to last year's removing of her reproductive parts), she shut herself off from her emotions and her sexuality, and then she met me and it all changed, and it was for anything more her sort of admitting to herself and accepting that she had changed and stuff...

She's had to take some time and eventually get to the point where she's open about it with people as she is now, kind of how she's open with her and my relationship with kitty to a degree now. Its taken a long time but things are becoming more and more easy for her now. We've learned to stop giving a crap about the people that don't get things or understand them or just hate for no reason. Its like, I guess ignorance or intolerance is so commonplace these days its just easy to turn the other way and ignore it instead of letting it get to you.

The Master
C.E.O
C.E.O

Male

Cprofile
Luck:
261/261  (261/261)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Wolf on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm

One day when i was out with my son, standing in line at Sams to pay our account
(i had not shaved all weekend) i had my hair pulled back, iwas in a green polo t-shirt and a black pleather jacket and jeans. the woman at the counter was .. "yes ma'am"
.... i stood there (stunned - really, women in my city that hairy LOL)
/
Back when morgan was around two 1/2, we when in for one of his check ups
we had to see the Nurse Practioner - she pegged Gwendolyn as teh mom, and was like ... u are ? (with a nice smile) i said "the father" - hahahahahahahahah rofl the look she re-asked that question during the check up maybe three times LMAO
/
* and Mia - u r just plain weird (harassing ppl in the john

Developer

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Master on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:23 am

she really does that too, she like sings in bathrooms and stuff....

The Master
C.E.O
C.E.O

Male

Cprofile
Luck:
261/261  (261/261)

Back to top Go down

Post  KittySK on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:48 am

lol could be worse I got propasitioned in a work bathroom once...............

ahhhh saturday bar nights in waffle house...........................................i am sooooooooooooooo glad i don't work there anymore
KittySK
Spirit Evolution
Spirit Evolution

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Wolf on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:15 pm

KittySK wrote:lol could be worse I got propasitioned in a work bathroom once...............

ahhhh saturday bar nights in waffle house...........................................i am sooooooooooooooo glad i don't work there anymore

lmao ... u can only imagine** in my state (TX) they do not reconize Transgendered F/M without the official DL change, so** i have to use the mens room**ive been told "Bathroom issues have come up in the past" * again they use my DL not what i "actually look like", and what not so ... HA * u can only imagine the looks i get going to and fro the looks that i might get in and out of the restroom.

Developer

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Master on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:34 pm

you know, i'm pretty open minded and open to lifestyles and whatnot, but i gotta say I have no idea how to handle the whole bathroom thing, or how people would make an issue out of it.... I mean is there really any way to deal with that... I really don't know.

The Master
C.E.O
C.E.O

Male

Cprofile
Luck:
261/261  (261/261)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rani on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:39 pm

oi!!

whats wrong with my singing in the loo?

I walk around singing to myself, "Singing in the loo, singing in the loo, i'm just singing as I take a poo... singing in the loo, singing in the loo.." ... people look at me silly too Suspect
Rani
Princess of the Dark
Princess of the Dark

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Master on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:53 pm

..... Suspect

I can't believe you typed out some of the words to your bathroom song....

The Master
C.E.O
C.E.O

Male

Cprofile
Luck:
261/261  (261/261)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rani on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:51 am

nothing wrong with it ya waffletwat
Rani
Princess of the Dark
Princess of the Dark

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

Back to top Go down

Post  KittySK on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:48 pm

~sits here lmao @ mia's song~

and i thought thats what unisex bathrooms were for???

am i like the only state that has those?? rabbit
KittySK
Spirit Evolution
Spirit Evolution

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Wolf on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:10 am

KittySK wrote:~sits here lmao @ mia's song~

and i thought thats what unisex bathrooms were for???

am i like the only state that has those?? rabbit

i believe so silent

Developer

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

Back to top Go down

Post  KittySK on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:09 am

thats just disturbing I live in a state that just could be more forward in some matters then others...............~shudders~ creepy
KittySK
Spirit Evolution
Spirit Evolution

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Wolf on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:59 am

on the other end of the spectrum:
clicky!
A transgender man who is six months pregnant

Developer

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

Back to top Go down

Post  KittySK on Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:56 am

yup is all over the news down here peeps thought it was an April Fools Day joke.............but you how to explain that to the kids

daddy is having the baby instead of mommy but were both really daddy............lol boy i don't want no part of that conversation
KittySK
Spirit Evolution
Spirit Evolution

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Wolf on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:07 am

KittySK wrote:yup is all over the news down here peeps thought it was an April Fools Day joke.............but you how to explain that to the kids

daddy is having the baby instead of mommy but were both really daddy............lol boy i don't want no part of that conversation

this is almost too good to be true. it's like full circle,
over here its:
mommy had you, but your other mommy is really your daddy * but we're both your mommies
but one of us is called mommy 'daddy' and the other daddy 'mommy'

I love you

Developer

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

Back to top Go down

Post  KittySK on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:53 pm

god thats almost as bad as the who's your mother question down here

see we have peeps who's grandparents are legally their mothers but boilogically are the grandmothers

or like this one guy at work his grandfather died recently but for his brother it was his uncle who died................

we're still trying to figure that one out...lmao
KittySK
Spirit Evolution
Spirit Evolution

Female

Cprofile
Luck:
222/222  (222/222)