Welcome to Dark eFfectX !

Enter the digital revolution. Design technology, coding & gaming. The exchange of Digital Knowledge while Anime, Manga and Technology collide in a Alchemy of Thought and Illusion.

Learn the magic of today from the science of tomorrow. Web site modifications, custom style sheets (CSS) and coding support + more.

Guests, please register or log in to view the entire forum.

The Seal of Oreichalcos

Go down

The Seal of Oreichalcos

Post  Bad Wolf on Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:11 am

Skullfire a member at TFans.com by the name of Skullfire posted an inqury about the Seal of Orichalos from the Yugioh series. Now up until that post i never even thought about any real meaning in the card ** i kno shocking ME of all people, so now my curiosity has been peaked yet again.

"Lets Duel"

**had to say it ^_^ **

Last edited by Bad Wolf on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Bad Wolf
Developer
Developer

Female
Number of posts : 1712

Usage Points : 784
Registration date : 2006-12-24

Cprofile
Title: The Digital Alchemist
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

View user profile http://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Seal of Oreichalcos

Post  Bad Wolf on Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:13 am

***and here's his reply

Skullfire wrote:
Thanks Nemesis Prime X I was able to make out the letters of this card.

For those who may even have a remote intoerest in this:
The symbol is a unicursal Hexagram in scribed in a circle.
The unicursal hexigram was originaly created by Bales Pascal and was dubed Pascals mystic hexagram. Pascal was a mathamition who studied conic sections. This hexagram was used to describe a complicated principle in conics but was later used to discribe Pascals view of what God was based on his new interest in the occult and metaphysics. Pascal stated:

"that God is a circle, of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere".

The hexagram is a graphic hyperbola that illustrates this consept.

Later a magical group called the golden dawn began to use this symbol in part of their rituals. One of it members Aliester Crowley left that group and took it upon him self to state that he created the unicursal hexigram and in its center drew in a 5 petaled flower. In Crowleys Bible to his followers called "The Book Of The Law" Crowley seemed to be so inspired by Pascal and plagorised Pascals famous quote (above quote) about god:

"In the sphere I am everywhere the center, as she, the circumference, is nowhere found"

So it was Crowley that made the Hexagram famous but because Crowley was regarded as the "most wickedist man alive" and called himself "the great beast" anything related to Crowley has been thought of as evil and satanic.

Even Crowley deemed the unicursal hexagram the be the hexagram of the beast.

That being said it is easy to why the designers of the card felt that the hexagram should symbolize evil and soul capturing.

The enochian letters also pay tribute to Crowely for he used enochian magic and characters on a regular bases.

The enochian letter in this seal spell out some sort of magical name or element. The letters them selves spell out in english letters :

OREICHALCOS

the name of the seal and card.

Actualy the name is repeated 2 times around the unicursal hexagram.

I have not found the meaning to the name "Oreichalcos" but it is important to point out that the name contains 11 letters which in magic is a very powerful number symbolizing the universe being at one with man for man to manipulate.

If there is more info I'll post it.

Again thanks to Nemesis Prime X for posting a clear picture of this symbol.

-discuss
Bad Wolf
Developer
Developer

Female
Number of posts : 1712

Usage Points : 784
Registration date : 2006-12-24

Cprofile
Title: The Digital Alchemist
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

View user profile http://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Seal of Oreichalcos

Post  Davros on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:54 am

One half of the mystery, what is the seal. Here is the other half, what is the oreichalcos.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orichalcum

Based on a legendary metal that in other forms it appears in various anime and video games.

(Edit, seems they've altered the page to remove what media it was referenced. you should be able to find it on the history page.)
Davros
V.I.P
V.I.P

Male
Number of posts : 51

Usage Points : 0
Registration date : 2006-12-26

Cprofile
Title: Dark Lord
Luck:
555/555  (555/555)

View user profile